A Different Crown (Netflix's The Crown Season 3 - Series)


I was excited for the new season of The Crown when I got to know that familiar names were going to be on the show: Voldermort's girlfriend, the evil villain from the Outlander series, the store manager from Trollied and the head of House Lannister. I like to think that they made enough money and popularity to get bigger names into the cast. However, the first episode felt odd, like something were missing. I told myself that I were too attached to the previous cast and had to give the new one a chance.

The series did well with giving each character one or two episodes where he or she is the focus of the story giving a chance for the audience to emotionally invest into the character. I am thoroughly satisfied with the whole production by the end of the season. Season 3, for me, is like a transitional season for more seasons to come. It took place during a time when the United Kingdom was led by the Labour Party under Prime Minister Harold Wilson in the 60s and 70s, albeit a change in a government in between. Also, the same period where man first stepped on the moon.

One character to watch this season is young Charles, the Prince of Wales. The episode entitled Tywysog Cymru is my favorite of the season. In this episode, Charles went to study Welsh with a tutor in Wales. It ended with him giving a speech in Welsh that won the hearts of the people of Wales. It's interesting to know about the uniqueness of Wales history and its language. I even googled how to pronounce the title of the episode.


Comments

Popular Posts