What if Madness Has a Color? (Shade, The Changing Girl Volume 1 - Comic)



First time reading this, I was at a lost. I felt like the script was just all over the place. I didn’t get it. After reading the first chapter, I felt the need to re-read it all over again, and then only I realized that this book plays with images, shapes and colors to tell the story. The rest of the read flowed smoothly.

The premise of the story is a simple one. It’s about self-discovery. I like to think that the creators purposely produced it in a very confusing way to illustrate the confusion that is involved in the process. Consequently, discovering how the story is told, provided some sense sort of achievement and satisfaction, to me at least.

I like the way images and shapes are used to set the current mood or feeling to the panels. These includes things like ‘hate’, ‘madness’, ‘rage’, ‘dying’ etc. Colors also play a role in understanding the story, it’s a very colorful book.

Comments

Popular Posts